In collaboration with Inter, Rock Werchter puts in a great effort to make the festival accessible to the disabled. So we have paid a lot of attention to the accessibility of the festival site and its surroundings:
- There is an alternative, accessible and less crowded entrance for visitors with a disability. One person is allowed to accompany him/her through this entrance.
- Both at the Main Stage, KluB C and The Barn, we have provided viewing platforms for wheelchair users, people with crutches... with a grandstand view of the performing artists. We want to make sure that as many people as possible can use the platforms; therefore only one friend/carer can accompany the festivalgoer with a disability on to the platform.
- Accessible toilets are situated all over the festival site and on the dedicated camping site.
- If you have a (blue) European parking badge and you are in absolute need of a parking space near the festival entrance, please get in touch with Inter.
- Throughout the festival, you can always call on ADD staff for assistance, free of charge. This may include: pitching your tent, help getting around, using the toilet, eating... Do not hesitate to talk to an ADD assistant, whenever you require assistance. You can find them on the festival site (at the viewing platforms) and in the dedicated camping area. We will also help you find a solution if you have problem with your wheelchair or other aid.
- People with hearing aids can once again use the looping systems. By putting a hearing aid on the T-position, you only hear the music without the disturbing ambient sounds. At the Main Stage and in KluB C and The Barn (close to the wheelchair platform) you will find a looping system. For more information, turn to the Inter ADD assistants at the wheelchair platforms.
- Near the festival entrance, in the A zone, Rock Werchter has provided, in collaboration with Inter, a camping site for festivalgoers with a disability: The Hive ADL. All the necessary facilities are present at this camping site so that visitors with a disability can fully enjoy the festival. Attention: you need specific camping tickets to stay at the ADD camping site!
If you wish to make use of the aforementioned facilities, please fill out this subscription form before 8 June! Beware, this demand is independant for the ticket purchase request.
For any additional questions, get in touch with email@example.com.